One day course – Stylist to Salesperson with a Structured Sales Talk
Depending on the group’s experience this could be a 1 or 2 day course.
Each of the 4 sections ie Self talk, Sales talk, Stages of the Sale and Specific Situations can be offered as separate modules.
- to realise how much influence she/he has on the sales process
- to develop a sales talk and minimise sales chatter
- to be aware of different strategies to deal with different personalities and situations.
The bridal market – statistics & trends on brides & shops (the Millennial bride)
Bridal culture v Business culture
- Self talk
- Sales talk
- Stages of the sale
- Specific Situations
The power of positive thinking
Confirmation of bias
Circle of Excellence – NLP (Neuro Linguisitic Programming) technique
Stylist v Salesperson – the difference
Developing your sales talk through the Stages of the Sale
Closing by “creating urgency”
Subtle v Sledgehammer
Stages of the Sale
- Key questions
- The importance of listening
- Where you should be while they choose the dresses
- Your approach and how it should vary
- Frock focus & getting to know your bride alone – what does she really want?
- Which dress to try first?
- More questions
- Appeal to her senses
- Make her own the dress
- Create urgency
Selling starts with that first No.
Stylist to salesperson
Closing the sale
4 little Yeses – 1 Big Yes to the Dress!!
Closing techniques (exit Stylist and here comes Salesperson)
Dos and don’ts at this stage – what not to say and do
Killer phrases & phrases that will move the conversation (and order) onto a Yes.
Collaborating not closing
Convincer strategies (NLP)
- Between two dresses
- A dress in another shop
- Mother/daughter disagreement/war
- Mother not voicing her opinion
- Bride wants to think about it
- Mother/the group want her to think about it
- Others from the group’s difficult situations
Meta Mirror (NLP technique)
Review & Action Plan
Half day course – Phone first impressions
This was a half day course for receptionists whose sole job was to answer the phone and manage the diary. They didn’t do consultations. This module can also be part of a one or two day course.
- To understand the impact that telephone manner has on the bride’s first impression of the business.
- To develop strategies to get into the bride’s mood
- To craft their own set of qualifying questions to elicit key information
Bride Culture v Business Culture
Meta Mirror NLP technique
Qualifying and First Impressions
Stages of the sale and the importance of qualifying.
- What do we want to know and why?
- Phone exercise to elicit:
- Initial Greeting
- Use of name
- Relational or Robotic
- Fun or Factual
- Excited or Exhausted
- Interested or Interrogatory
- Selling or helping
Leading and Controlling
Millennial brides and their values.
Language to use and to avoid.
Collaborating v controlling.
Review & Action Plan